Video Demonstrates A Common US Dental Office HIPAA PHI Violation
The above is a common scenario…
One that could creep up on your team innocently.
If you are curious about how to best protect your team against unsuspecting HIPAA violations – plan a staff meeting and update your current HIPAA standards to include:
- A review of common practices with patient PHI: Pt Check In/Check Out
- What papers need to be shred When & Why?
- What I the proper form to use before sharing patient PHI with a 3rd party?
- What steps should we take to better safeguard our Patient’s PHI from being seen or used?
- How are we protecting PHI in Texts, Faxes, Copy Machine & Outgoing Emails?
If you need help with updating your HIPAA protocols for 2019, feel free to call one of our HIPAA Coaches on:
To see what is required.